In order for your paper to be included in the proceedings of QoMEX 2018 and IEEE Xplore, the following steps should be completed for each paper:
- Revise your paper according to the comments raised by the reviewers
- Verify compliance with IEEE Xplore formatting requirements
- Submit the copyright form
- Upload your paper via EDAS (the version created by PDF eXpress)
- Register for QoMEX 2018
Authors should submit their camera-ready paper and copyright form via EDAS before April 20th, 2018. In addition, at least one author must register at a non-student rate (i.e., full delegate registration) by the same date. One registration may cover a maximum of 3 papers. The second and third paper requires each at least an additional student registration.
1. Revise your paper
Authors are expected to revise their paper in view of any changes recommended by the reviewers. The reviewers’ comments were included in the paper acceptance emails, sent on March 1st 2018 and can also be viewed within EDAS.
Please note that, the abstract and title should be readable stand-alone and not contain any references or unexplained acronyms. Changes to the title or abstract are allowed to comply with these requirements. Changes to the author list are allowed only under exceptional circumstances. All such changes must be approved by the TPC chairs.
2. Verify compliance with IEEE Xplore formatting requirements
QoMEX 2018 papers will be submitted for inclusion in IEEE Xplore – the IEEE Digital Library. Camera-ready PDF files must therefore comply with IEEE Xplore paper specifications. Failing to submit an IEEE Xplore compatible PDF file may result in the file not being included in the conference proceedings.
Final Manuscripts – IEEE PDF eXpress
QoMEX 2018 has registered to use of the IEEE tool: IEEE PDF eXpress.
According to the new IEEE Xplore Requirements for PDF, all conference articles submitted for inclusion in IEEE Xplore must adhere to the IEEE Xplore PDF specification for compatibility.
IEEE PDF eXpress is a free service to IEEE conferences, allowing their authors to make IEEE Xplore-compatible PDFs (Conversion function) or to check PDFs that authors have made themselves for IEEE Xplore compatibility (PDF Check function).
It is important to note that submitting a file to IEEE PDF eXpress is only for creation of a compliant PDF file, you must still submit your final paper through the EDAS online submission system.
- Log in to the IEEE PDF eXpress TM site
- Select the “New Users – Click Here” link.
- Enter the following:
- 42725X for the Conference ID
- your email address and password
- Continue to enter information as prompted.
An Online confirmation will be displayed and an email confirmation will be sent verifying your account setup.
Follow the above steps but should enter the same password that was used for previous conferences. Verify that your contact information is valid.
Then follow the instruction to check your paper and then proceed with the following instructions.
If necessary, contact Marco Carli at firstname.lastname@example.org for the appropriate copyright notice.
Contacting PDF eXpress Support
Access the Publications Support Center for IEEE PDF eXpress.
If you do not find an answer in the Find Answers tab, go to the Ask A Question tab.
Your question will be forwarded to IEEE PDF Support and answered within 3 business days.
3. Submit the copyright form via EDAS
Authors are required to transfer the copyright for their paper to IEEE. This must be done electronically via EDAS by logging into EDAS and clicking on the copyright logo (©) to submit the copyright form.
Once this process is completed successfully, EDAS will show the type and date of copyright submission on the paper details page.
4. Upload your paper via EDAS
Before uploading your paper please ensure that:
- The title, abstract and author list and order match exactly that declared in EDAS
- All author names match exactly those declared in the corresponding EDAS profile
- Paper title is in title case
- Special characters match the EDAS entry (EDAS supports UTF-8 special characters, such as äïöüßîçñé, etc.), and
- The PDF file is compatible with IEEE Xplore (see details regarding PDF eXpress above).
The version of your paper you received from PDF eXpress should then be uploaded to EDAS in the usual way, this time clicking on the ‘upload manuscript’ icon, next to the ‘Final manuscript’ field within the detailed paper view for your paper.
During upload, EDAS verifies whether your paper meets the conference formatting requirements. In particular, it verifies that your paper:
- Complies with the page limit
- There are no headers/footers/page numbers
- All fonts are embedded
- There are no links, and
- There are no bookmarks.
The information provided in EDAS is used to generate the final conference program, proceedings and the table of contents for IEEE Xplore.
Authors are therefore invited to check that this information is correct.
5. Visit Registration Information Page
You must register before April 20th to have your paper included in the proceedings.
To this, follow the instruction on “Register to QoMEX2018” page.