QoMEX 2018 will select winners to receive the best Conference Paper Award and the Best Student Paper Award. Both awards aim to honor exceptional technical contributions and promote high-quality research within the technical scope of the conference. The final awards decisions will be taken after the presentation of the papers.
The Awards Selection Guidelines are:
- Exclusions: The papers from the general chair, technical program chairs, special session chairs and award chair are excluded from the consideration.
- Initial Score based Selection: The 12 accepted papers receiving the highest scores and good recognition in the review process are chosen as the candidates.
- Award Candidates Selection Committee: It is formed by the general chairs, the technical program chairs, the special session chairs and the award chairs. All review scores and comments will be made available to the committee.
- Final Candidates Selection: Each award selection committee member sends his/her vote for 6 papers with clear ranking to the award chair where the best paper gets 6 points, the 2nd best 5 points and so on. The Award Chair will consolidate the results and select 6 top-ranked papers, at least 3 of them with a student as the first author.
- Award Selection Committee: The final Award Selection Committee will include the Award Candidates Selection Committee and members of the QoMEX Steering Committee in a maximum of 12 members. To be a valid member of this committee, the experts will have to score all the candidate papers. The Award Selection Committee members should sit in the presentations or attend the poster and give a vote for each paper where the best paper gets 6 points, the 2nd best 5 points and so on.
- Award Criteria: The Award Selection Committee should consider the technical quality, the technical novelty, the potential impact, the editorial quality, the presentation quality and the capability to answer questions.
- Winners Definition: After consolidation of the votes by the Awards Chair, the paper receiving the highest overall vote by the Award Selection Committee will be awarded as the Best Paper Award (even if the first author is a student); the paper with the second highest vote and with a student as the first author will be awarded the Best Student Paper Award.
- Issues: If there is any issue arising before the final decision can be reached, the Awards Selection Committee will meet at the conference site to resolve.
The list of final candidates will be announced on the portal before the conference and will be mentioned during the conference banquet.
The winning papers will be announced via email to all the conference participants and posted on the conference website.
The best Conference Paper Award will receive a 500,00 Euro money prize. The Best Student Award will receive a 350,00 Euro money prize funded by the IEEE BTS.
We have the pleasure to announce the 6 candidates for the best paper and best student paper awards:
|Ambiqual – a full reference objective quality metric for ambisonic spatial audio||Miroslaw Narbutt; Andrew Allen; Michael Chinen; Jan Skoglund; Andrew Hines|
|Virtual Reality Sickness Predictor: Analysis of visual-vestibular conflict and VR contents||Jaekyung Kim; Kim Woojae; Sewoong Ahn; Jinwoo Kim; Sanghoon Lee|
|A Just Noticeable Difference Subjective Test for High Dynamic Range Images||Ayyoub Ahar; Saeed Mahmoudpour; Glenn Van Wallendael; Tom Paridaens; Peter Lambert; Peter Schelkens|
|Towards systematic analysis of cybersickness in high motion omnidirectional video||Pablo Pérez; Nuria Oyaga; Jaime Ruiz; Alvaro Villegas|
|A Neurophysiological Sensor-Equipped Head-Mounted Display for Instrumental QoE Assessment of Immersive Multimedia||Raymundo Cassani; Marc-Antoine Moinnereau; Tiago Falk|
|On the Stimulation Frequency in SSVEP-based Image Quality Assessment||Sebastian Bosse; Milena T. Bagdasarian; Wojciech Samek; Gabriel Curio; Thomas Wiegand|