The QoMEX 2018 will be held in the beautiful Santa Margherita di Pula, at the Flamingo Hotel, just a few steps away from the beach. The 4 stars hotel provides 5 conference rooms and several different types of rooms and suites.
The QoMEX2018 registration includes:
- All lunches from May 27th to
31st June 1st that will be served at the Flamingo Hotel
- The welcome reception, which will be held on May 29th
- The banquet, which will be held on May 30th
The weather in this period in Pula is mostly sunny. The average high temperature is 24°C (75°F) with an average low of 14°C (57°F).
The average rainfall is just 9 mm (0.35 inch) with 6/30 wet days.
Bring light clothes (and a swimsuit) for the day and a light sweater for the night.
If you wish to go sightseeing in Sardinia, car rental is highly recommended as the public transport is not very efficient.
If you wish to have more information about Sardinia to better organize your visit, pls take a look at:
Specific information about the village of Pula that is nearby the Flaming Hotel can be found here. http://www.visitpula.info/?lang=en
If you want to visit the city of Cagliari you can take a look at the following portal:
Here are some points of interest that we would like to suggest in case you stay in Sardinia some more days:
- Nuraghe Barumini: this is one of the major nuraghe in the island, which is the main type of ancient megalithicedifices that have been developed during the Nuragic Age between 1900 and 730 BCE. It is one-hour driving from Pula.
- If you wish to visit some nice beaches, then we suggest the following ones:
- Chia, that in 2017 won the award of best Italian beach by Guida Blu 2017 of Legambiente and Touring Club Italiano. Actually, there is not only a single beach in Chia, but many. We can suggest going to the Spiaggia Su Giudeu; however, if you are driving a car you can also visit some of the other nearby beaches that are also listed here. Chia is 15 km far from the conference location.
- Porto Giunco in Villasimius.
- Cala Goloritzé, that can be reached with either a very nice one-hour trekking trail or by boat from Cala Golone (from there you can reach other beautiful beaches as Cala Luna, Cala Mariolu and Cala Sisine).
- The Tiscali archaeological site.
- The trip to the west coast, where you can visit the Su Mannau cavern, the Temple of Antas and the Porto Flavia / Henry Gallery.